Prepare your slides in English language only
Give considerable thought to the design and preparation of your presentation so that it is effective and informative. Here are a number of important points to consider:
- Prepare your presentation slides in Microsoft PowerPoint™ preferably using Microsoft Windows 7 or higher, and/or Microsoft Office 2010.
- Delivery of your information becomes more effective when following are considered:
- Time your presentations to avoid rushing or running out of time
- Presentation slides must include: Title and Authors’ affiliation • Results and Discussion • Conclusions • Acknowledgments and References
- Use limited text in each slide with the highest contrast between text and background colors
- Use high-resolution graphics, data tables, charts and other image formats
- Avoid adding embedded video or audio
- Contact us if you need to include any video in your presentation
Prepare the abstract of your posters in English language only
Delegates presenting posters will be provided with freestanding poster boards of size 100 x 75 cm. Posters could be fixed using PUSHPINS which will be made available by the organizers at the venue. The use of any kind of tape or another adhesive will not be permitted.
Poster Content and the title of the abstract must be relevant to the theme of the event and complimentary. Authors must meet eligibility criteria for inclusion in authors’ list of any abstract. Eligibility is obtained by any measurable contribution of each author.
- Give considerable thought to the design and preparation of your presentation so that it is effective and informative
- Prepare your poster presentation slide in Microsoft PowerPoint™ preferably using Microsoft Windows 7 or higher, and Microsoft Office 2010.
- Set its print size to 100 cm wide x 75 cm high in landscape orientation (avoid portrait)
Text formatting preferable Font sizes:
- Authors’ names 30
- Authors’ addresses 24
- Subtitles and captions for tables, graphs, and pictures 24
- All other text 20
- Footer and references 16
- Use Single or two colors only
- Please print and bring 60 copies of a one-page (regular or legal size) of your poster as a handout (black and white or color).
- Register and pay a fee to attend without any presentation. They need to visit payment.phytoessence.org and complete the process.
- Sign in to submit an abstract. One can start at article.phytoessence.org, complete the form and submit it for approval. All requests for an account are approved within 24 hours. The approval allows review of data by our staff and confirmation of status/category. Of course, starting on the home page using “Submit Abstract” also functions the same way.
- Review Abstracts for the Congress. A selected number of individual (mostly members of the scientific committee) will have access to review submitted abstracts and score them. President of a Congress or Chair-person(s) of the Committee will use those scores to accept or reject any abstract for inclusion in the scientific program.
- Membership All participants at any Congress are granted a limited-time free membership of the International Society for Phytocosmetic Science. For example, presenters at IPPC-Ireland 2018 started their free membership in June and may continue if they pay their dues before 21 January 2019.
- Data management Submitted data by all ll individuals who have started a user account or registered to attend remains securely in the database for future use. This means an individual who uses the system during 2018, may return to the system and attend an event in 2019 or later.
- Answers to some of the frequently asked questions
- Maximum of two abstracts per Congress per each individual
- The subject of all abstracts need to be related to natural plant-based products
- Both the best Oral and Poster presenters receive an award, the selection is completed by the Scientific Committee
- A registered individual can submit an abstract by visiting article.phytoessence.org, previously selected login credential for registration remains valid to gain access to abstract submission portal
- A reviewer needs a user account, not required to submit a presentation
- Portraits are not a mandatory requirement for all users, only Committee members need to provide it
- Group registration discount is available upon request from Secretariat
- Registration fee payment deadline applies to all individuals specifically for presenters. Presentations are not included in the program if no author (of the submitted an accepted abstract) obtains a paid registration.
- Arranging hotel accommodations and all transportations are the responsibility of the attendee.
- Accepted abstracts are published online at IJPNI.ORG